- اللقب العلمي:
- السيرة الذاتية:
Curriculum Vitae 2020
Name: Hassan Ali Abood Nassrullah
Date of Birth: 1/7/1951
Marital Status: Married, 4 children
Address: Kerballa College of Medicine/ Kerballa University/ Kerballa/ Iraq
Dean of College of Medicine
Professor in Karbala College of Medicine
Consultant Physician in Al Hussian Teaching Hospital in Karbala city
President of the advisory board of General Directorate of Health in Kerballa Governorate 2005- 2011
Member of the advisory board of gastrointestinal diseases in the Ministry of Health 2008- 2014.
MB.ChB. 1974 College of Medicine/ University of Baghdad
Diploma Degree in Internal Medicine, Baghdad University, 1987
Arab Board Certificate in Internal Medicine, March 1988
FRCP Edinburgh 2014
1974-1975 House Officer: Aug 1974-Octo Neurosurgery Teaching Hospital, November 1974- December 1974 Internal Medicine.
Jan 1975-March 1975 General Surgery, April 1975- June 1975 Gynecology Al Thawra General Hospital
1975- 1977 Military service- General Practitioner
1978-1979 General Practitioner in primary health care center in rural area Al Najaf Governorate
1980- 1981 Registrar in Internal Medicine / Medical City- Teaching Hospital - Baghdad
1982-1983 Military service General Practitioner
1984- 1987 Registrar in Internal Medicine/ Al Yarmook Teaching Hospital - Baghdad
Training Program for Arabian Board Specialization in Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine 1 year, Cardiology 6 months. Nephrology 3 months. Endocrinology 3 months. Infectious diseases 3 months
Neurology 3 months. Psychiatry 2 months. Dermatology 2 months. Rheumatology 2 months. Gastroenterology and Endoscopy 6 months.
Pulmonary medicine 6 months
1988- 2020 Consultant Physician in Al Hussian Hospital Teaching Hospital- Kerballa
1992- 1994 Chief of Department of Internal Medicine in Al Hussian Hospital
1994- 1995 Director of Al Hessian Hospital
1998- 2003 Head of Department of Internal Medicine in Al Hussian Hospital
2003- 2005 Director of Al Hussian Hospital
2005- Present Kerballa College of Medicine
2005- 2011 Head of Physiology Dept.
2012- 2018 Head of Internal Medicine Dept.
2019- Dean of College of Medicine
Practicing internal medicine in Al Hussian Hospital, General hospital with 400 beds. Medical department 120 beds, CCU 14 beds, cardiac cath lab for diagnostic procedures, dialysis unit 18 beds, ICU 6 beds, endoscopy unit for diagnostic and interventional procedures including ERCP,
Outpatient consultation clinics for 24 different specialties.
Weekly Clinical conference for all departments and daily morning report in the medical department to discuss the newly admitted patients and problem cases and mortality.
Practicing upper and lower GIT endoscopy (diagnostic and interventional) in the endoscopy unit in Al Hussian Teaching Hospital
Lecturer in Physiology and in Internal Medicine in Kerballa College of Medicine, Lectures for second year medical students in GIT physiology,
First year medical students in Alternative medicine, third year medical students in environmental diseases, and forth year medical students in GIT diseases.
Clinical sessions for third, fourth, fifth, and sixth year medical student
Supervising postgraduate study in Kerballa, Babylon, and Baghdad Universities. Supervising students for Diploma degree, MSc degree, and Ph D degree.
Also supervising candidates of the Arabian Board of Medicine.
Examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate students in Kufa and Babylon universities.
As a director of Al Hussain Teaching Hospital I was looking after the administrative aspects of the hospital in addition to medical aspects of the hospital in improving its facilities and giving a better care for the patients.
As president of the advisory board of General Directorate of Health in Kerballa Governorate we were planning for the health services for the governorate in primary, secondary, and tertiary health care.
As a member of Holy Kerballa Governorate Council June 2003 – March 2004 we were responsible for legislation of laws concerning Kerballa Governorate and planning for all services including the health services in the governorate.
Community Activities including symposiums for general population concerning risk factors of chronic non communicable diseases, healthy dietary habits, and early detection of pulmonary tuberculosis.
Conferences and courses
1. Incidence of renal osteodystrophy in patients with ESRD on maintenance hemodialysis in dialysis unit in the Medical City/ 1980.
Requirement for the Diploma degree in Internal Medicine
2. Prognostic significance of the site and size of acute myocardial infarction in patients admitted to the CCU in Al- Hussian Hosp. / 1990, The first Kerballa Medical Conference
3. Training Course in Gastroenterology and Endoscopy in Muosel College of Medicine 1-15 Sept 1991
4. The incidence of complications in patients with acute myocardial infarction admitted to the CCU in Al Hussian Hosp. / 1997, Conference of Iraqi Society of Cardiovascular physicians and surgeons
5. Risk factors for non communicable chronic diseases in urban and rural population in Kerballa governorate/ 2006, H. A. Nassrullah, The sixth Kufa University Medical Conference
6. European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Rome 7-11 Sept 2008
7. Training course in gastrointestinal diagnostic and interventional endoscopy, F. Sandouk Endoscopy center – Damascus, 21 March- April 11 2010
8. Fifth conference for Iraqi Gastroenterology and Hepatology April 2011
9. Clinical Exchange programme in University of Vienna- Recent advances in treatment of IBD 9-10 June 2011
10. United European Gastroenterology Week ( UEGW) Stockholm 22-26 Octo. 2011 11. First Certificate Course in Health Professions Education at College of Medicine, University of Kerbala, Iraq. (September 2019)
1. The rate and prognosis of Ventricular Fibrillation complicating acute myocardial infarction/ 2000, H. A. Nassrullah, Kerballa J Medicine, No 1, Vol 1, Dece 2006, 1-5
2. Prevalence of obesity in Karballa city population/ 2007, , H. A. Nassrullah, KA. Alhilaly, S. I. Alghabban, Kufa J Medicine, Vol 11. No 1, 2008, 326-334
3. Hypothyroidism in adults, clinical presentation/ 2008, K. O. Elawi, H. A. Nassrullah, Kerballa J Medicine, Vol 2, No 4, June2008, 363-367
4. Drug Induced Hypokalemia; A Retrospective Study/2009 H. A. Nassrullah, K. A. Alhilaly, S. I. Alghabban The New Iraqi J Medicine Vol 6 April 2010, 22-26
5. Evaluation of Visual evoked potentials in patients with chronic viral hepatitis, M. H. Abo Ragheiff, H. A. Al Dhahir, H. A. Nassrullah, Kerballa J Medicine Accepted for publication 2011
6. Detection of demylenation changes in patients with chronic viral hepatitis, M. H. Abo Ragheiff, H. A. Al Dhahir, H. A. Nassrullah, R. Jawad, Kufa J Medicine Accepted for publication 2011
7. I am involved with CARA Research Fellowship/ Use of Molecular Methods for Better Understanding of Tuberculosis Epidemiology in Iraq, Principle investigator Barer, Mike R. (Prof.) Leicester University <email@example.com>
8. Duplex PCR primers for detection of Helicobacter pylori DNA directly from gastric biopsy samples, Karbala journal of pharmaceutical Vol 3 2012
9. Mutation in katG315 is possibly a good prognostic factor for treatment with second line drugs in MDR tuberculosis :A preliminary Study , Indian J of Med Microbiology, Vol 31, No 4, Octo 2013: 395-400
10. The CARA tuberculosis project in Karbala, Michael R. Barer, Mohanad Mohsin Ahmed, Hassan Abood Nasirallah, Suhad Ahmed, Ali Al-Zaag; Medicine, Conflict and Survival, Volume 29, Issue 1, 2013:pages 75- 76(http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13623699.2013.765187)
11., Snapshot of the genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Iraq: International J of Mycobacteriology, Vol 3 Issue 3, Sept 2014: 184-196.
12. Factors impact upon prehospital time delay in patients with acute ischemic chest pain. American Journal of BioMedicine AJBM 2015; 3(7): 444 – 450
13. Changes in serum potassium and serum creatinine in hypertensive patients treated with Captopril with or without amlodipine. Kerbala journal of pharmaceutical sciences. No.(11) 2016.
14. Relationship between Transforming Growth Factor-Beta 1 gene polymorphism and hypertension. Kerbala jornal of pharmaceutical scinces. No(11) 2016
15. Risk factors for none communicable diseases in urban and rural areas in Kerbala governorate. Kerbala Journal of Medicine. Vol. 9, No. 2; 2016
16. Clinical and echocardiographic patterns of congenital heart diseases in adults in Karbala Province, Iraq, Iraq Med J | Vol. 1, No. 1, Winter 2017: 24–28
17. Hepatitis A in Kerbala: Eight Year Epidemiological Study, Lamya A A Darwish1, Hassan Ali A Nasrallah1*, Ali Al Mousawi, Karbala J Med Vol 11, No 1 June 2018
18. Conference Report on First Certificate Course in Health Professions Educationat College of Medicine, University of Kerbala, Iraq.(September 2019) Mulazim Hussain Bukhari1, Ali Abutiheen2, Fatema Jawad3, Shahzad Anwar4, Hassan Nasrullah5, Ali Mehdi6, Asad Ali Shah7, Tabassum Zehra8, Iffat Batool Syed9, Ali Ayub10, Musarrat Ul Hasnain11, Shabih H Zaidi12, Pak Med Assoc, Mar 2020, Vol.70, No 3
Member of Iraqi Medical Association
Member of Iraqi Society of Gastroenterologists
Member of Iraqi Society of Cardiovascular physicians and surgeons
Member of Holy Kerballa Governorate Council June 2003 – March 2004
Member in the CME committee in the General Directorate of Health in Kerballa Governorate
Member in the committee of Kerballa College of Medicine
Member in the Editorial Board of Karballa Journal of Medicine
Member of the scientific advisory board of The New Iraqi Journal of Medicine
Member of the ethical committee for research in the General Directorate of Health in Kerballa Governorate